Monday, August 4, 2014

Retirement

A couple weeks ago, I retired my first pair of running shoes.

They were very inexpensive (compared to quality running shoes), and they served me very well!

In fact, I got along with them far better than I do with my new Asics that were double the price.

(Other than losing a toenail 8 times).

(Is it weird that I want to string my toenails on a necklace?)

(I promise I throw them away).

(I just think about the necklace thing each time one falls off).

These shoes saw me through my beginnings of running. I ran hundreds of miles in them and quite a few races: 3-4 5Ks, Ragnar Colorado, a 10K, a half-marathon, the Dirty Dash, and the Spartan Race to name a few.

They have been wonderful running companions, but sadly, the Spartan Race marked their final journey. With holes in the toes, I gave them one last turn in the washer so they'd go out clean...ish, and then tossed them in an emotional moment of goodbye.

2012 03 14_2369 copy






1 comment:

k said...

You and your toenails and their necklace gotta knock it off.