Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Not in the Mood

This morning when Zoe had her morning B.M. (boy, that's a great opening line, isn't it?) I thought to myself, "I am really not in the mood for poop right now!" Come to think of it, I don't think I'm ever in the mood for poop, but it got me thinking about other things that I'm not in the mood for right now:

I'm not in the mood for gardening. Usually by March I have my garden all planned out for the year including diagrams, shopping lists, planting dates, and a budget. Not this time. Don't make me do it!

FOR.THE.LOVE! Don't make me do it!

I'm not in the mood for eating healthy. I can only eat healthy steadily for 2.5 weeks. I just entered week 3 with an abundance of Girl Scout cookies. I can't look a vegetable in the eye or I'll start crying.

Canning Season 

(Maybe this is causing my garden aversion?)

I'm not in the mood for Scouting. Part of my responsibility as the primary president in my ward is to oversee the Cub Scouts and the 11-year-old Boy Scouts. I am trying so hard to LOVE Scouting and to learn everything I need to know to be an effective Scouts leader. I'm reading handbooks and going to trainings and looking at web sites.

But I am not feeling the love.

Nope. Definitely not feeling the love.

I am not in the mood for soup. Soup is a touchy thing for me. There are a lot of soup recipes that I enjoy, but at the same time, I get sick of soup really quickly. I should probably only have soup three times a year. In fact, I have intentionally limited soup in my meal planning, but right now there is a new corn chowder recipe that is plaguing my meal plan. I keep bumping it to the next week, then the next, then the next. Why can't I just make the dang soup before it's a hundred degrees outside?

Oh, probably because I'm not in the mood for soup.

But I can't just eliminate it from the meal plan because I already bought the dang ingredients for it!

I'm not in the mood for cleaning. But I never have been.

Anything you're not in the mood for lately?


2 comments:

Stacey said...

I think being in the mood for soup means being in the mood for winter. Maybe that's your problem with soup. You are all done with winter! I'm never in the mood for cleaning. I have to make myself do it. Cleaning is stupid. I'm not in the mood for snow either. Stupid spring weather!

love.joy.lane said...

I'm not in the mood for advertising yet another RS activity. After 3 plus years in this calling - I just can't help but think that everyone is sick of seeing my mug up there every Sunday telling them all the reasons they should come on Tuesday when deep down inside I don't even want to go on Tuesday.