Monday, March 17, 2014

It's St. Patrick's Day {and ten other random facts}

Fact #1: My kids woke up this morning, ran into my bedroom, and had a big 'ol freak out because no leprechauns came to our house during the night. There were no green footprints, no chocolate coins, and no Lucky Charms.

Fact #2: I thought I was being awesome when I set out some somewhat-green clothing for them on Sunday night. I'm pretty sure that would have been sufficient in 1980.

Fact #3: I realized on Sunday night that I must have a subconscious aversion to green. None of my three kids have any clothes that are truly green, so we had to make due with some teal and lime variations.

Fact #4: Don't pinch my babies! It's not their fault!

Fact #5: Have my kids been looking at Pinterest? Where did they get these crazy notions about leprechauns?

Fact #6: Nicky blames Daisy for the lack of leprechauns because she woke up too early and prevented their arrival.

Fact #7: There were many tears this morning.

Fact #8: I snuck into the fridge and colored the milk green and tried to be super enthusiastic about the GREEN! MILK!

Fact #9: "But the milk tastes yucky, and the leprechauns forgot to pee in our toilet, Mom!"

Fact #10: I give up.

4 comments:

k said...

All of this made me snort laugh.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

This is awesome :)

Kristin said...

This cracked me up. Also?? I was just saying at work yesterday that what. The. Heck. ?? Why do we have all these silly "holidays" and these expectations to do ALL THE THINGS for each and every one of them?? It's so ridiculous. My six year old wore a green shirt yesterday. That's it. I do not make green cupcakes and green pancakes and green juice and green play dough and leprechaun traps or hand out gold coins. Just.... No.

Trisha said...

Be proud you were more festive than the Brown household. Half of us didn't even wear green and there was no green milk.