Monday, October 28, 2013

Family Service Project

From now until Christmas, my family is working on a service project. We are collecting items to donate to women's shelters. These items are used to put together "welcome kits" to help the women and children who are displaced from their homes feel a little more comfortable. If any of our local friends and family are willing to donate any of the following items, my children and I would be happy to come pick them up from you. We will be making our final collection on Saturday, December 21:


Bath towels, washcloths

Soap, razors, combs, body wash, deodorant, hairspray, cosmetics, shaving gel

Toothpaste and toothbrushes

Shampoo and conditioner

Books, coloring books, activity books, etc (new or gently used)

Hair accessories for girls

Crayons, markers, pens, pencils, glue, etc.

Toys, games, puzzles, etc (new or gently used - for all ages)

Baby toys, bottles, binkies, baby shampoo, etc.

Burp cloths, bibs, clothes (0-4T), diaper bags

Crib size quilts, blankets

Fleece blankets

Yarn

Ribbon

Fabric

Crocheted hats, scarves, afghans, baby blankets


Those who would like to help may contact me at fluentbrittish {at} gmail {dot} com or by phone or facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear about Scotty

Abby said...

I'm not local, so I can't donate,* but I wanted to add one thing to that list: pads/tampons/sanitary products/feminine hygiene/whathaveyou. I've known people who worked at women's shelters and they're always in need of these. They're expensive and they're something most women need every single month. I always stick in a box or two when I donate to shelters (some food pantries will take them as well).

*To you, I mean--I give to shelters locally. It would be impractical to mail you things for your shelter.