Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blogging and Teeth... Again

Lately I've been in a serious blogging funk.

Every time I go through a funk, I wonder, Is this "it?" Because that's how it ends, you know. All it takes is one short week and BAM!

Your favorite blogger is GONE!

I feel like I have a "best by" date that I'm not privy to. Has it come and gone? How am I supposed to know?

I don't have any plans to quit blogging, but as I've mentioned before, my blogging community has nearly vanished. The last few are posting less and less these days.

So I wonder...

Am I just going through the usual bout of writer's block? Or is it something bigger? Something they call "moving on?"

------------

I'm still recovering from my wisdom teeth extraction. I hesitate to admit it (because I don't want to scare Cyndi or Cheyenne in case they ever have to get theirs out), but I am in so much pain! Tomorrow will be one week since my surgery, and my pain level hasn't gone down since day two. I've been back to the oral surgeon to see if I have developed dry socket or an infection, but everything looks fine.

I don't know why it hurts so bad!

The surgeon offered to reopen the wounds and pack them with medicated gauze that will numb the pain, but I felt like that would be a step backward, so I'm going to stick it out.

I feel like such a ninny.


6 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

Well! I am still reading your blog! But, I know what you mean. It feels like blogging isn't INSTANT enough now. (Titus would agree don't you think?)

I'm sorry your mouth is hurting, that stinks!

Amy Sorensen said...

PS, I hope your husband has a great Ragnar!

heidikins said...

You aren't a ninny. You just had teeth yanked from your face for crying out loud!!! Did you get any pain medication that can help you with the day to day?

xox

Amber said...

Sorry about your mouth, sounds intense. I still read your blog, I need a little pick me up sometimes. I took a hiatus from blogging for about a year but now I'm back, I feel productive when I blog. Plus, it makes me feel better about not keeping up on my journal and avoiding scrapbooking.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

You must not stop blogging. How else will I reminisce about being in the Jonathan Taylor Thomas fan club, or finding out I'm not the only one who finds zebras in their shoes, or be reminded that peeing in various places is normal childhood behavior, or any number of insignificant yet very important truths about motherhood. I love your blog. And you. And I'm in the same blogging funk. (And I'm already super scared for the day my wisdom teeth finally come out.) I hope you feel much better this week!

k said...

Wisdom teeth are no joke. I had mine removed in high school and it hurrrrt. T did it as a 40+ year old adult and it seemed to hurt him twice as long.

I hope the pain subsides soon for you.