Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Have a Heckuva Sunburn on My Neck (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: Did you notice I haven't been blogging much lately? This is because I've been sick. I made it 29 years without getting strep, and BAM! Just like that! I got strep last week.

Fact #2: Well, actually, I never went to the doctor, so I don't know for sure that it was strep, but Scotty got it the day after me, and did go to the doctor. Plus Zoe had impetigo, and Nicky had strep the week before.

So strep.

Fact #3: Don't worry, I had a stash of amoxicillin.


Fact #4: I am freaking out that Google Reader is retiring. It is one of the few Google... uh... thingies?... that I use. So... experts, which feed reader am I supposed to use now?

Fact #5: It's yard work season! I'm so excited for the garden.

Yard Work
Prune, prune!

Fact #6: Speaking of blogging (you know, way up there...) I've decided to no longer post pictures of my kids on this blog. I've bounced back and forth on this for years, and what it came down to is this: there is an individual whom I do not want to have access to photos of my children. I have no reason to believe that this person reads my blog, but you just never know. Also, I have been getting some search engine traffic lately that I'm not happy with.

Fact #7: People I know in "real life" are welcome to request an invite to my private blog.

Fact #8: People I know in "real life" should also invite me to read their private blogs. Sara... Lynae (not to be confused with Lynnae)... and all the rest-a-ya!

Fact #9: You know what's intense? Jenga!

Marcg 2013
Game Night

Fact #10: I am doing really well on my New Year's resolution to not buy any new clothes or shoes in 2013. In fact, every time I feel pressure to try on a pair of colored jeggings, I remember that I'm not buying any clothes this year, and I breathe a HUGE sigh of relief that I may never have to know how awful I look in them.

6 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

NO MORE GOOGLE READER - BOO!!!

Sus said...

Until I read this I had no idea that Google Reader was going away. :( WAH!!!

I use GR multiple times every day!!!

Do you know what you're going to use instead?

This seriously makes me want to cry.

Britt said...

I don't know what I'm going to use. There have been a lot of articles posted about feed readers this week that I intend to read.

k said...

So! Bummed! about Google Reader.

heidikins said...

I am mourning G-Reader, I just can't deal with it on a Thursday, so I'm mourning. Sigh.

xox

Audrey said...

For Christmas, my sister-in-law gave Tim a Jenga set, and she'd written quotes from his favorite TV shows and movies in sharpie on all of the blocks. You know what's more fun than playing Jenga? Playing Jenga and laughing at hilarious TV quotes every time you pull out a block.