Sunday, March 3, 2013

Currently {March 2013 Edition}


Reading: The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon.

Watching: Call the Midwife and North and South. We also watched the first episode of Jeeves and Wooster on DVD just for fun the other night.

Procrastinating: making my semi-annual dentist appointment. I have to switch dentists, and I need my wisdom teeth removed. I've been putting it off for 15 years. 

Wanting: a steam cleaner that does what the steam cleaners do on the infomercials, which is blast the heck out of dirt built up in difficult-to-clean places. I've been looking at online reviews, and they are so mixed. 

Craving: anything loaded with fat and sugar. I've gotten a little sidetracked in my efforts to lower my cholesterol.

Wearing:  my favorite slippers.

Relieved by: this season of Downton Abbey finally ending so I don't have to keep secrets anymore. I sat across from one of my best friends a month ago and said, "I don't want to spoil Downton Abbey for you, but look into my eyes and see if you can tell what happens!!" 

She couldn't tell.

Stressing about: my cell phone service. I can't decide if I should stay with my current plan and carrier or if I should change. I don't know what I need or what I want. I kind of wish I were a pioneer - the kind that wears pants and goes to the bathroom indoors.

Missing: summer. 

I can't believe I just said that.

Excited about: a fun project I am doing with Cyndi. I'll tell you more later.

Addicted to: peppermint ice cream. I've never cared for peppermint anything, but I somehow got hooked on peppermint ice cream during the Christmas season, and I was surprised when I went to the store the other night, and they had peppermint ice cream in stock. I bought some, of course, and had three servings that very night. Shhh! Our little secret.

Trying: to not gossip.

Needing: a new swimming suit. Oh how I dread everything swimming suit related. I have to get one this year, though, because my former suit got a hole in a very dangerous place last summer.

Annoyed by: how easily people's ideas are ripped off online. 

Feeling guilty about: the way I've been eating lately.  

Tired of: conflicting studies about food. 

Thankful for: all of my appliances currently being in working order.

Enjoying: the warm weekend. How refreshing!

Looking forward to: planting our garden. I miss fresh veggies.

Suffering from: dry skin. My hands have been so dry lately that they are cracking and bleeding.

Hoping: that we'll be able to pay off our car within the next month or two.

Loving: having a few moments alone in a somewhat-clean house.

Proud of myself for: prayerfully dealing with a problem at church rather than relying on my natural reaction. Funny how things turn out so differently when you rely on the spirit.

No comments: