Thursday, February 1, 2024

Currently {February 2024 Edition}

Reading


These are the books I’ve finished so far this year. Someone asked me the other day if I mark books as “read” even if I don’t finish them. No! I do not! On Goodreads, I always mark them “unfinished,” and I don’t include them in my end-of-year book posts

I’m currently reading this: 


Drinking: water. I’m 16 days soda sober. That’s not very long, but it feels like months to me.

Sick of: tacos and anything like tacos - nachos, taco soup, Navajo tacos, taco salad. 

Cooking: Cowboy Dinner 

Suffering from: too many tacos.

Wearing: black pants and a black t-shirt. I feel like I’m appropriately dressed for cleaning bathrooms, which is what I just did.

Feeling: in a hurry. Like I’m anxious about something, but I don’t know what.

Saying: “That’ll do, Donkey.”

Listening to:


Buying: milk. And trying to not buy much more than that this week.

Smelling: “Among the Clouds” lotion from B&BW.

Playing:


Craving: nothing. That’s a weird feeling. 

Thinking about: what to do about Groundhog Day. If you recall, Zoe is a Groundhog Day enthusiast (see fact #4). She has only briefly mentioned it so far this year, so I’m not sure what her expectations are. Is she over it? Does she want a parade? I don’t know!

Watching:


I have never read this book! Can you believe that?

Needing: to sharpen all the pencils in the house.

Dreading: Nicky being a senior and having to make choices that seniors have to make. I don’t know how to help him or guide him.

Trying: to get my blood pressure down. 

Procrastinating: making appointments. Daisy needs to go to the eye doctor and the orthodontist. Zoe and Eva both need tooth extractions. 

Singing: “Welcome to the Rock” from Come From Away

Looking forward to: pay day. 

Dreading: three four-day school weeks in a row (and somehow “dreading” made it on here twice).

Grateful for: my brain. 

No comments: