Friday, March 4, 2022

Things That Went Right This Week

This week hasn't been the greatest. It hasn't been horrible, but it's had some challenges. Nicky came down with COVID last week, so he was home from school for several days. We've all worn masks and tried our darndest to not get sick - mostly because Daisy has a big school event on Saturday that she would be miserable to miss (and make the rest of us miserable as well), so our fingers are crossed that we make it one more day! 

Nevertheless, a lot of things have "gone right" this week. Here are some of them:

My friend brought me a smiley face balloon. I haven't had my own balloon in, like, 20 years, so it was pretty exciting!


I found a quart of my favorite chocolate milk marked down to 75 cents at Smiths. I love Tru Moo! (although I like the fuller fat version better than the lowfat. Give me all the chocolate milk fats).


And if that weren't enough of a treat, I also found a gallon of Kroger chocolate milk for 99 cents, so I didn't even have to share my Tru Moo with my kids!

Oh, but that's not all... the sell by date on both was March 11th! So there was no rush to chug it all at once.

AND...

I found two gallons of 1% milk (our usual preference) for $1.20 each with a sell by date of March 18.

(Be happy for me and my milks).

Speaking of sweet deals, I bought a chair from the thrift store this week!


At first I thought it was $35, but then I saw that there were some different tags on it that said $25. I was more than happy to pay $25, but when I went to make arrangements to pay for the chair and come back later for it, the manager said, "You can't pay $25 for this! The arm rest is broken! I'll give it to you for $15!"

And inside, I was like...


But on the outside, I was like... 


(Oh my heck, Young Leo. I'm suddenly in junior high again).

I got the chair home later that day and shampooed it. It was pretty darn clean already, but one must always shampoo the thrifted things. I let it dry overnight and then moved it down to the family room to a corner where I've wanted a chair for a while. 

The next day I went back to the thrift store and found the little pillow that's on the chair, and I also bought an end-tabley-thingy for $4 that I'm currently refinishing to put next to the chair (I had to repair some damage, and I'm giving the glue a good 24 hours to dry, then I'll slap some cheap paint on it). 

Another thrift store success this week was that I scoured the dishes, hoping to find some plates I can put on my plate rack for Easter, and badabing! I found some! I don't have a photo of them because I put them in storage until after March 17, so instead, I'll show you my Saint Patrick's Day plate configuration:


(I got the white and green plates from the thrift store and the gold chargers from the dollar store - I love shopping for plates).

I also found a new wreath for my front door (I'm hopelessly addicted to wreaths and plates) and a new door mat for the porch at Ross. And I found some pants for Daisy to replace the pair she wears EVERYDAY that now have a hole in the knee (this girl only wears one outfit, and it makes me crazy - tie dyed shirts and black pants).

This week I had my dental exam and received rave reviews. I'm always happy when the hygienist and dentist acknowledge my efforts at flossing. 


They might go out of their way to praise me since every time I go there, I remind them that, "I floss everyday, and I'm not even lying!" 

This week I also had a few things go well food-wise.

First I made twisty breadsticks, which I learned how to do at Relief Society.
 

(Note that my platter is from the thrift store). 

I also made Indian Butter Chicken for the first time... for myself... for lunch... because no one will help me eat it.


It was delicious, and I even used brown rice instead of basmati or jasmine (which I love), so I feel like I should get a sticker or something. 

To make up for the brown rice, I went to my favorite donut shop (Fresh Donuts & Deli) and got a dozen donuts, and they had warm blueberry donuts and maple donuts. 


My two favorites!

They're good room temperature and melt in your mouth, but they are an absolute delight when they are warm! The only problem with them being warm is that you have to eat three at once. It's a rule. 

So despite a few things going wrong this week, a lot of things went right, and I'm thriving on that!

No comments: