Monday, July 26, 2021

Fortunately/Unfortunately

Unfortunately...

Someone didn't close the freezer in the garage all the way last week, so later that day, I opened the door and felt a splash of cold water on my feet. Everything had thawed. 

Fortunately...

I was able to keep a few things that we hurried and ate over the next few days.

Unfortunately...

The basket of Otter Pops had all melted, and some of them were split open from when the kids had pulled them apart. There was a big, sticky mess, and when I pulled the basket out, that big, sticky mess made its way to the garage floor where it seeped under a life jacket and then dried, resulting in me having to pry the life jacket up a week later. 

Fortunately...

The freezer wasn't as full as it normally is - it was only about 1/4 stocked. 

Unfortunately...

Having the freezer door partway open had also caused everything to frost over, so I needed to defrost the freezer.

Fortunately...

It was so hot in the garage that I only had to unplug the freezer and let the ice melt for about 15 minutes before it was ready to wipe down and restart. 

Unfortunately...

A week later, a stack of 275 paper plates caught fire in my kitchen.

Fortunately...

I was able to smother it within a few minutes, and we didn't have to use the fire extinguisher that Nicky was holding on standby.

Unfortunately...

The house filled with smoke and smelled really bad, and I ended up with orange iodine-like stains all over my arms and hands from the melted plastic.

Also unfortunately...

I had just purchased the paper plates about half an hour earlier.

Fortunately...

My house didn't burn down.

Unfortunately...

My laptop has been having issues lately (hence my lack of blogging). 

Fortunately...

Today I took my laptop apart and found that a small cell battery had come lose. I have no idea what the battery is for, but I put it back in place, and my laptop is now working fine!

Unfortunately...

When I took my laptop apart, I found that it's all sticky inside, which means something must have spilled on it at some point. I just put it back together and left the stickiness. I don't have the energy to deal with it right now.

Fortunately...

I ate lunch at one of my favorite pizza places today. 

No comments: