Monday, February 8, 2021

And Then it Snowed Dirt

Last week we had a filthy snowstorm. Yep. Filthy. It left a really yucky layer of gunk on everyone's vehicles, and since I was grocery shopping when the snow fell, my van looks like I took a joy ride on a dirt road Brad Paisley style

On Saturday, Scotty and I drove past the car wash where I have a monthly pass, and the line was insane. I've never seen anything like it. It was actually three lines because there are three kiosks. I couldn't even see the end of the lines because they wrapped clear around the gas station. The lines were also crazy on Sunday when we drove by. 



We left for school early this morning (Monday) and tried to go to the car wash. The lines were already long at 8:10 a.m. so we didn't stay. We counted 26 cars in line, but that was only a fraction of what was there on Saturday. Saturday had to have been well over 100 cars. Out of curiosity, I drove by again after I dropped the girls off.  The line had doubled!


I find the whole thing to be very funny. With all the weird crowd behaviors over the past year, and variety of things we've had to wait in lines for, I can't really be surprised that this week we're fighting for car washes. 

1 comment:

Mama B said...

I still haven’t washed my car. But the rain this weekend helped clean it off.