Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Currently {October 2019 Edition}

Reading: After the Flood by Kassandra Montac. I'm exactly 1% into it (thank you Kindle for keeping me informed of my progress). This is the Libraries Transform Book Pick, so I thought I'd check it out, but based on the synopsis, I never would have picked it on my own ("people on a boat" does not appeal to me).

We'll see... we'll see...

Listening to: Hamilton. Right now "Non-Stop" is my jam. Love that synth bassline.

 Actual footage of me dancing to Hamilton in my kitchen

Watching: Nothing. I'm trying to avoid TV right now. Why? Because I love it too much, and if I start watching a show, it's all I want to do. I'm pretty picky about what shows I like, but when I find one, I turn my whole life over to it.

Actual footage of me watching Gilmore Girls

Eating: Cereal. I've been sick for a couple of days, and I don't have much of an appetite, so I just stick with cereal.

Buying: New socks. I now have a daughter who steals my socks... just like I did to my mom. I had it coming.

Singing: "Why do you write like you're running out of time? Write day and night like you're running out of time?"

Stressing about: Nothing. As long as I don't think about it. If I think about it, I realize that I am actually stressed about everything, so I just keep my stress blinders in place and keep moving forward.

Wearing: Jeans and a black t-shirt.

Craving: Chex

Excited for: The free chicken sandwich on my Chick-Fil-A app. I just hope I'm feeling better before it expires in a few days.

Actual footage of me at the Chick-Fil-A drive thru

Trying: To be more home and family focused. I tend to be more focused on things outside of my home and family, so I often have to remind myself what season of life I'm in and where my priorities should be.

Feeling: Lazy. The real problem is that I'm sick and therefore, fighting through fatigue, but I tend to consider myself lazy during times like this. Then I beat myself up and feel guilty for needing rest. And yet, if my best friend were sick, I'd be like, "Girl, take it easy for a minute! It's okay to rest and recover."

I'm also feeling nauseous.

Which means I now have to make an official statement that I'm not pregnant (protocol for a nauseous 35-year-old woman).

Annoyed by: So, so much. I've been very irritable lately. Sometimes I get this way as I'm heading into a bout of depression, but other times it's just raging PMS. Sadly, I'm kind of an irritable person in general.

Actual footage of me PMS-ing

Grateful for: So, so much. At least my gratitude is equal to or greater than my irritation. Or I hope it is, anyway. I try to express my gratitude to God daily for all of the blessings I have in my life, but I probably do not show enough gratitude to the people in my life who help bring about those blessings.

No comments: