Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Love/Hate

I'm following the lead of my pal Feisty Harriet and posting a Love/Hate list today. This used to be a "thing," but I never did it. I'm always a fan of being ten years behind, which is why I only recently watched the Gilmore Girls.


Love: that the local Smith's grocery store has white blossomed trees throughout the parking lot, and it makes a hideous place look almost beautiful.

Hate: our local Smith's.

Love: the Smith's in the next city over.

Hate: that I feel like I'm cheating on my city if I drive into the next city to go to Smith's.

Love: that both Smith's have free fruit for children.

Hate: that this has become a post about Smith's.

Love: texting friends about TV shows.

Love: that my kid are able to play outside most days now.

Hate: that my friend is moving, but I'm not going to mention her by name because I don't want to make her feel bad, and maybe if I don't say her name, she'll think I'm talking about someone else, and there won't be any guilt on either of our parts.

Hate: that Ross treats customers like garbage, and yet, I just can't stop going there. I mean, what kind of store won't let their employees hand you a receipt? Thank you, Ross, for doing your part to eliminate humanity.

Love: My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Last week Scotty and I snuck away for an evening and saw the movie, and we had a great laugh.

Hate: That My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 was much filthier than the original. Part of what I liked about the first movie is that it was relatively clean and still hilarious.

Love: that old TV shows are doing revivals, which leads me to this genius idea: old bloggers should also do revivals. All in favor of the return of all the oldies, say "I."

Love: fresh coats of paint. Our remodel is moving along slowly but surely. We're working on painting Daisy's room, and today I bought a sample to try on Nicky's room.

Love: that I am actually sad about this semester of school ending. I loved my classes, and I'm not ready to be done with them.

Love: well-written final exams that adequately test a person's knowledge of the subject matter. I love taking a good test (key word: 'good' because we all know there are some horribly written tests out there, and to them I say, "Poo poo!")

Hate: waiting for my instructor to grade my final. You guys... I actually think there's a chance I'll get 100%. It just depends on how she grades a few of my essay questions. I studied my butt off, so a 100% would be so amazing! But a 97% would keep me humble, so...

Hate: that my kids fight in the backyard, and I have to parent them through the window. (And to think, I used to get so annoyed with my neighbor for yelling at her dogs. At least the dogs didn't yell back).

Love: that my book exchange group is getting up and running again.

Hate: that the book I ordered for my book group isn't going to be delivered until April 16 at the earliest, so I might need to make a last-minute switch. 

Love: that my baby is going to turn one next week.

Hate: that my baby is going to turn one next week.

Untitled


Are you loving/hating anything today?







3 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

I really do loves these posts so much!

xox

Lindz said...

Ohmygoodness could she be any cuter!?

Loved my big fat Greek wedding as well. Especially now that I relate on the whole married and a parent level. Pull my neck!

Britt said...

"Pull my neck!" Ha ha! Best thing ever!