Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Forthcoming Photos of Fish May Frighten You! {and ten other random facts}

Fact #1: Koi give me the heebie jeebies.

Just look at them swarming each other - their fishy flesh rubbing up against their neighbors'. It's absolutely horrid!

{{Shudder}}

image 

And their mouths! Oh, those disgusting, circular mouths!! They are the things nightmares are made of.

 image

Fact #2: Strangely, I was the only individual (out of hundreds) standing over this koi pond yelling like a crazy person. Sometimes I take my turn being the embarrassment of the family.

Fact #3: Goats on the other hand are like puppies to me. I want to hold them and nuzzle them (okay, maybe not nuzzle) and dress them in little goat t-shirts.

Just look at that cute face!

image

He's basking in the sun! He basks

I've never seen a koi fish do that.

Fact #4:  It's not just koi, though. I think I have an aversion to aquatic animals in general. One time I went swimming with stingrays in Grand Cayman, and I was hysterical! If any of them came near me (or, gasp! Brushed against my legs) I began running, leaping, and hollering as if my life would surely end in that moment.

You know how sometimes there is a really annoying woman at a theme park or movie who loudly vocalizes her fear and ruins the experience for everyone?

Yeah. That was me.

Fact #5: Last week Scotty and I celebrated 11 years of marriage.

I'm a lucky girl.

image

Fact #6: Also last week, Nicky's nose bled all over his math homework. We decided not to turn it in.

image

Fact #7: We made that decision because a) he's in first grade - the penalty for not turning in math homework can't be that high - and b) one time Nicky's nose bled on the preschool sign-in sheet, and the teachers reacted like it was a 2319.


Fact #8: I really wish that Fox and Disney would collaborate so that the new Avengers movie can acknowledge that the twins are Magneto's children.

Fact #9: Whoa. I just had a nerd moment. Sorry, readers. 

Fact #10: I can't believe it's already the end of another school year. How does this happen?!?

3 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

23-19! 23-19!!

I have not ever previously considered koi fish, but now I feel they all deserve a stinky side-eye.

How does one run or leap whilst swimming with stingrays? Doesn't, I don't know, the water get in the way of hysterical movements?

And Fox-Disney!? YES PLEASE!

xox

Britt said...

The water was about waist-deep, so running was difficult but not impossible. That is where the leaping came. - I had to leap out of the water. It's an art, really.

EriKa said...

Is that Scotty...or Woody Harrelson? Have they ever actually been seen in the same oom together?