Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Moments from this week that make me a mom

Moment #1: Finding two scabby band-aids stuck to my pillow as I climbed into bed.

Moment #2: Flinching as my baby threw her toy toward an open toilet, then breathing a huge sigh of relief when it hit the rim and bounced off.

Moment #3: Loudly yelling, "Sh*t!" when my son lost control of the umbrella stroller and sent it flying off the curb with a sleeping baby inside after a good ten yard run.

Moment #4: Looking up and down the street to see who might have heard me yell, "Sh*t!"

Moment #5: Ceasing to breathe after hearing my son declare loudly to his kindergarten teacher that Jesus could walk on water.

Moment #6: Reminding my husband that Nicky has to go to timeout if he makes peeing sound effects; therefore, Daddy should not be making them, either (timeout is doubled for sticking props between their legs).

Moment #7: Interrupting a conversation with a neighbor to scratch a dried booger off the wall (after gasping, 'Oh my gosh! Is that a booger?)

Moment #8: Having to end an important phone call because I accidentally hit Zoe's head on the frame while walking through a doorway. Then calling back. Then ending the phone call again because Zoe decided she wasn't done crying.

Moment #9: Having my son ask me to read him some scriptures about chickens (3 Nephi 10:4-6) and then drawing a chicken in his Book of Mormon as per his request.

Moment #10: Seeing these words typed out before my eyes and realizing that it's only Wednesday.




2 comments:

Katie said...

You meant Shoot right? You were yelling out shoot? ;) Sounds like you have had a very exciting week.

I had a mom realization moment too. It was 5 min before the bus was coming and I was changing one kids poopy diaper. The other one was on the toilet pooping as well. The one on the toilet starts coughing and coughing and coughing. Next thing I know she yells out, "Mom I just threw up." I finish the diaper change and go find her and sure enough she is on the toilet with throw up all over her. She said her poop smelled bad and made her cough and throw up. The bus was now driving by the house. It was the most fabulous 15 minutes of my life! Also-it was only Wednesday.

All in the days work of being mom right?

Melanie said...

Um, I love #9.