Friday, October 2, 2026

Currently (October 2026 Edition)

Reading:



Wearing: jeans and a thrifted tee.

Buying: new counter tops! I’m not sure when the installation will be, but it’s all in the works. We haven’t really done a lot of upgrades to our home in the 22 years we’ve lived here. Let me tell you… choosing countertops is so scary! 

Hoping: that I like what I chose!

Realizing: that when Nicky comes home from his mission, my role in his life will be completely different.

Loving: cool mornings. Now give me cool days to go along with them so I don’t have to do a mid morning wardrobe change. 

Watching: lots of shows that I’ve already watched. I’ve been in a phase of “rewatching” lately.

Wondering: how I’m going to face Christmas so soon when I haven’t recovered from the last one.

Laughing about: falling up the stair at a hotel the other day while trying to be a packing goat and carry everything in from the car in one trip (the hotel didn’t have a luggage cart or an elevator).

Feeling: bloated. Not gonna lie.

Listening to: 


Eating: lots of fruits and veggies as I am trying to eat 30 grams of fiber a day (hence the bloating). 

Singing: “High Hopes” by Panic at the Disco

Annoyed by: (sigh) so many things. I am a broken, impatient person, and I don’t know how to change. 

Procrastinating: calling my neurologist so I can go over some pain management options for my neuropathy. I can’t remember his name or where I went for my EMG, so I need to look it up. 

Playing: Ark Nova, but it’s making me angry because the AI players have gotten out of hand and dominate every time.

Suffering from: dry eyes. My eyes have been swollen and watery for the past few days, and when they get this way, it’s just miserable. They feel like sunscreen has run into them. 

(I don’t know why “dry eyes” is a condition with “watery” eyes, but I didn’t choose the terminology!)

Cooking: nothing. We’re having a “clean out the fridge” kind of week.

Missing: making ice cream cones at Winder Dairy. Sometimes I just want the satisfaction of creating the perfect swirl. Let me tell you, though, we had so many problems with our ice cream machine! Sometimes the ice cream wasn’t a good batch - it would be icy or it wouldn’t set up right. A lot of the time we couldn’t keep up with the customers, and the ice cream wouldn’t be ready. But when it was “right” it was beautiful!

Craving: McDonald’s breakfast, but I have a ripe avocado, so avocado toast it is (which I also love, but no one hands me avocado toast through a window as I drive off into the sunrise).

Grateful for: good people in my life.


No comments: