Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Things the Kids Say: Episode 42

September Writing Challenge  - Prompt #21:*

And I Quote


Eva: Let’s stop fighting before mom calls us little ‘S’ words.

Zoe: And she will… because we are!

—————

"Where did you get those Sephora plates?"

-Eva, who shouldn’t even know what Sephora is


—————

“Sometimes I do stuff and think ‘Oh no, I’m turning into Dad!’”

-Daisy

—————

Eva: What time is it?

Me: 7:42

Eva: Are you serious? It feels like 8!

—————

“If you ask me anything about baking, like how many quarts are in a jug, I have no idea, but I know that 11 yards is 33 feet.”

-Daisy

---------------

Daisy: Did you know that there's a language where the same word is used for 'father' and 'brother?'

Me: What language is that?

Daisy: I dunno, Bro. Like Roman or Egyptianese or something. 


*Nobody's going to notice that I used this prompt twice, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment